Client Trust Listing Overview
The Client Trust Listing shows trust balances by client and matter. The report provides matter totals and balances for each trust account within a matter. The report also shows the date of the last transaction for the account. You can run the Client Trust Listing for some of the following purposes:
- Reconciling Trust balances on the Client Trust Listing to the Client Summary or Trust Bank Journal
- Identifying Matters that Do Not have Recent Trust Fund Activity
- Provide a listing of all trust fund balances for the firm
Take the following steps to run the Client Trust Listing:
- Click Reports and select Client, then Trust Listing... to open the Client Trust Listing window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to run the report for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to run the report for all clients.
- Enter a lawyer nickname in the Resp Lawyer box or leave it blank to run the report for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the End Date box to show transactions on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Enter an account number in the Acct box or leave it blank to run the report for all trust accounts.
- Click to check the Totals Only box to only show client and firm totals or uncheck it to also show matter totals.
- Click to check the Firm Totals Only box to show only the firm totals or uncheck it to show all matter, client, and firm totals.
- Click to check the Negative Balances Only box to show only matters with a negative trust balance or uncheck it to include all matters with a trust balance.
- Select Default from the Layout drop-down.
- Select Output options.
- Use the Matters and Other tabs to select additional report options.
NOTE: Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the Client Trust Listing window if the Matters or Other tab are missing.
- Click OK to generate the report.
Click Load Last to load the report selections as they appear on the last Client Trust Listing.